- What is the difference between enzymatic products and bacterial products?
Bacteria are living cells and enzymes are 100% biodegradable natural proteins. The bacteria can multiply, produce enzymes and digest the dirt that has been broken down by the enzymes.
- Which bacteria are used in PolVita?
The strains used in the PolVita line were obtained from natural sources and isolated as part of a research project conducted in collaboration with the University of Liège. These are natural strains that have not undergone any genetic modification and that have protective properties.
- Are these bacteria dangerous for people and animals?
These bacteria belong to Class 1 according to the European classification of pathogens. These are bacteria that do not cause diseases in humans or animals.
- What is the bacterial concentration in the PolVita products?
In a 1-liter bottle: more than 80 billion probiotic bacteria. In a 20ml dose for a 5-liter spray bottle or bucket: 1.5 billion probiotic bacteria.
- Are PolVita products disinfectants?
PolVita products are not disinfectants (biocides), and they respond negatively to bactericidal tests according to the EN1040 standard.
- Do PolVita products contain endocrine disruptors?
PolVita products do not contain substances that disrupt the endocrine system. We can provide a laboratory certificate on this subject upon request.
Mode of action
- What is the mode of action for PolVita products?
PolVita products contain:
– Eco-friendly surfactants that act immediately on the dirt by removing it,
– And probiotic protectors that degrade the dirt, digest it and provide ongoing cleaning while installing a natural protective microflora as well as eliminating unpleasant odors and ensuring continuous cleaning.
- How does the protective microflora created by PolVita work?
By cleaning with the PolVita range, you apply millions of beneficial bacteria to your surfaces. These will quickly multiply and create a natural barrier on the surfaces: this is called a natural protective microflora. In order to develop, bacteria feed on the organic matter present on surfaces. PolVita probiotics will therefore compete with other bacteria to capture nutrients and colonise the surface by multiplying.
- How long does the protective effect last?
The stability of PolVita bacteria on surfaces has been demonstrated for at least 14 days by incubating contact plates for 24 hours at 37°C.
- Are the PolVita bacteria sensitive to disinfectants?
PolVita protective probiotics are sensitive to all common disinfectants and their protective effect disappears after using a disinfectant.
- Are the PolVita bacteria sensitive to antibiotics?
Sensitivity tests for the 5 main classes of antibiotics have been carried out and are positive. All products of the PolVita line are therefore sensitive to antibiotics.
- Are there any risks associated with inhaling PolVita probiotics?
There is no risk of inhalation, given that the particles generated by an electrostatic sprayer or a conventional spray are unable to pass through a human’s respiratory tract due to their size.
- Do PolVita products contain VOCs/OELs?
PolVita products do not have restrictive OELs (Occupational Exposure Limits) according to European, Belgian and French regulations. The VOC content (Volatile Organic Compounds) is severely limited by the Ecologo specifications.
- What happens if you put the product in your mouth?
The bacteria used in the PolVita line are harmless to humans and certified by the EFSA (European Food Safety Authority). However, as with all other detergent products, it is necessary to refer to the product’s safety data sheet in case of an accident (they are available on our website www.pollet.eu or via the QR code printed on our product labels).
- Why can probiotic products not be food grade?
PolVita products, as well as any other probiotic-based product, are not suitable for use in a place where food is prepared (kitchen). However, there are no contra-indications for cleaning surfaces in places of consumption (cafeterias, lunchrooms, restaurant dining rooms), since there is no direct contact between the surfaces and the food consumed.
- How often should PolVita products be used?
The PolVita products are used in the same way as traditional detergents. You simply replace your classic cleaners with protective probiotic cleaners.
- Can I reduce the frequency of cleaning with PolVita’s continuous cleaning?
No, you cannot. PolVita probiotics are not capable of digesting large quantities of dirt. That’s why our probiotic cleaners contain eco-friendly surfactants, which remove most of the dirt. Human intervention remains necessary to remove the bulk of the dirt. This continuous cleaning takes place at a microscopic level, and is particularly effective on embedded dirt, in tile joints for example. Therefore, PolVita probiotics provide better, deeper cleaning.
- How will my cleaning protocol change with PolVita?
Nothing changes, in fact, the methods and frequency of cleaning remain unchanged, even for disinfection cycles or renovations.
- Is using PolVita products compatible with steam disinfection?
Yes, PolVita protective probiotic cleaning can be used after steam disinfection.
- What is the environmental impact of PolVita products?
The environmental impact of PolVita products is extremely limited because the production of these products is 100% carbon neutral. PolVita products are eco-superior, environmentally friendly and effective at the same time. They have obtained the Ecologo ecological certification.
- Why do PolVita products not have the Ecocert certification?
The reason we preferred to have our eco-certification under Ecologo, is because it is an eco-certification that is a pioneer in probiotic products, and especially because Ecologo is very strict in terms of product cleaning efficiency. The product must prove its effectiveness in cleaning first, and only then will Ecologo test the ecological quality of the product.
- Why don’t PolVita products have a European Ecolabel certification?
The European Ecolabel does not allow us to spray products that contain micro-organisms (probiotic bacteria), and not being able to spray makes cleaning and sanitizing surfaces more difficult. PolVita products are therefore certainly both very effective and ecological, which is proven by their ecological Ecologo certification.
Storage and stability
- Are PolVita products stable?
The products of the PolVita line are stable, which means that you will not see any phase-shifting or any “flakes” in the bottles related to the bacteria or their activity. However, there might be a slight deposit due to the high concentration of bacteria. Pollet’s expertise in biotechnology lies in the fact that the bacteria stay dormant in the concentrated product and only awaken in the right place and at the right time after it has been diluted.
- Why are there so few probiotic cleaners with acid pH on the market?
As a general rule, acid is an unfavorable environment for the development of most bacteria, but thanks to its long-standing experience in biotechnology, Pollet has developed a formula for stable detergent products that contain enzymes, particularly in an acid environment.
- What is the shelf life of the pure product and its solution?
The pure product remains valid for 12 to 24 months from the date of manufacture under normal storage conditions (dry, dark and at room temperature between 15°C and 25°C). The diluted solution remains valid for about 2 weeks at room temperature from the day you dilute it.